Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
- Breathing techniques will help relax the body and mind. Breath work reduces labor-associated anxiety and allows for a calmer birthing experience.
- Specific postures strengthen the pelvic floor. A strong pelvic floor can enable a woman to carry a baby more comfortably during pregnancy and will help both the mother and baby during labor and delivery.
- As the baby and belly grow and change, so does the center of gravity. This shift in the center of gravity can cause lower back muscles to over-compensate and over-work. Prenatal yoga can help to strengthen these muscles and help alleviate low back discomfort.
- Participating in a group prenatal class provides a community of support from new friends who understand what you are experiencing, thus improving emotional well-being.
- A regular and consistent yoga practice improves and promotes the circulation of blood and oxygen throughout the body, reducing swelling and inflammation around your joints.
- Safe and gentle rotations and forward folds help promote regularity and aid in overall digestive flow.
- Yoga strengthens the body and improves stamina, helping to prepare for birth.